Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday

I've left a message for the doctor to find out if Chris's cumaudin needs to be changed and to also find out if she wants to see him. I also called his former pulmonary doctor to let them know he would not be returning next week and despite my explaining to them why, they still called Chris at the house to ask him about it. Naturally he told them to talk to me. Why they would even want to force him to answer questions when he has no voice is just plain egotistical. If they do call me they will get an earful as the results of Chris's PET scan from March 8th specifically reference what appear to be clots in the lungs. I would not expect an oncologist to notice pulmonary lingo when they are explicitly looking for cancer terminology, but I would expect a pulmonary doctor to so they will be very unhappy with the action I will take if they do bother me or him again.

He will go see the pulmonary doctor on May 3rd, the one who saw him when he was in the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stacey
    Hope Chris is doing a little better today. Why did they put in a breathing tube? I thought his breathing was getting better?
    I just wanted you to know that I have put Chris and You on a prayer list in hopes that prayer will help, since I am so far away...it is all I can do to help.
    How is the cumaudin treatments working? I have a friend that had Open heart surgery last Sept and is on cumaudin because they put a mechanical valve in. We are still struggling to get his levels to an acceptable level. The Dr.s tell us that some people never "level out" on cumaudin .
    Mike had an upset stomach for the last 2 days so I went to the drug store to get him some Pepto Bismal or something to give his some relief...but as it turns out because he is on the cumaudin he can't take really anything at all. So the poor man must suffer through this.
    In your research on cumaudin, what have you found out...as I am interested in any info I can get my hands on regarding this. Did you find a good informative site? I have read tons on it but there is soo much info out there....you really have a hard time wrapping your head around it.
    Anyway....You and Chris are in my thoughts and prayers....Take Care of yourself
    Hugz
    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew from Chris drinking three ensure shakes that it would give him 75% of his daily recommended Vitamin K. Since it was a consistent amount, I told him that he would have to keep drinking that amount. I had expected his number to drop, which it did, but as long as he was consistent, the medication can adjust the thickness of the blood.

    So, while there was not tons of information, the key is to be consistent. If you always take a multi vitamin, keep doing that and then let the medication take care of adjusting the clotting.

    ReplyDelete