Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday

Chris was able to get up and down the stairs twice yesterday without requiring the oxygen. It seems he can tolerate about 60 seconds without it, although I have no clue what he should be able to do. He took his pills when he was supposed to and then we did the treatment at 11:15. The next one was supposed to be at 4 but Chris decided it could be later so I woke him up at 6 and told him it was time to start things. It took over two hours to get him to finish everything and I suspect the reason why he finally got on with the last one was he knew when he asked me for his nicotine patch that I was going to say I would put it on after.

Other than a breathing treatment and the last dose of mucomist Chris has the afternoon off. The VNA will be here at 11 and they said if they cannot find the INR machine that they will have to get QUEST to come out for the blood test. Chris can handle a real phlebotomist but I am sure he'd be happy if the finger test would work.

We need to go out later today, he needs a new electric razor, wants some cushion things for behind his ears and then also some glasses.

He's had two ensures and one half of a sandwich sized english muffin with butter and orange marmalade so far today.

No comments:

Post a Comment