Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Monday

Chris had a great, English lunch thanks to Aunt Rachel who went to Myers of Keswick before driving out for a visit.

There seems to be a bit of confusion at the oncologist's office because first they called to say his chemo is 11:30 on Friday but then they left me a message on my cell phone saying that the appointment was 11:30 but that they would let me know if he was still supposed to come in tomorrow... but since I called before I heard the message she told me there was no appointment. Then Chris called me when the nurse was here and said something about them wanting to put the port in Wednesday which makes no sense because he would have already had to get off the cumaudin and he would need shots in his stomach for 5 days in addition to needing some time to recover before the chemo. I called and left a message for the nurse but they did not call so I presume there's some confusion somewhere.. my feeling is that if there is a good response to the chemo and the risk of clots is reduced than they can always put one in. I suspect that since the doc had been planning on putting one in this week that they did not know when they called that it was not going to happen.

The INR count is slightly lower, at 1.2 but apparently that's a target number for people who are not on cumaudin (.9-1.3) so no clue what it means. Maybe the cancer cells are at a point in their cycle where they are doing something else other than aggravating the red blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment