Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday afternoon

I must say that grass fed hamburger meat is really, really good and I will be ordering more from them next week, once we have Chris's menu established. Grass fed beef is higher in iron, lower in fat and does not lose shape or size when it's cooked (although I only made one so far so it's not really a big sample).
Shameless plug for US Wellness meats www.grasslandbeef.com. They were not much more expensive than butcher quality meat and even with the shipping/handling it was reasonable.They have lots of other stuff too... and I am going to try to get Chris to try the pemmican which is something they recommend for cancer patients because it has lots of nutrition and calories.

So yes as you can probably surmise, Chris had a burger today for lunch along with a few small slices of tomatoes and two small white potatoes (from a can). He's on his third ensure of the day and I hope to get him to eat some of a quiche in a little while. I've also got some ziti that I may heat up instead. He's nebulizing at the moment and recently finished his second beer. He's allowed two a day, one with lunch and one with dinner, mostly because of the extra calories. We also went out for a bit this afternoon since I needed to get the lower dose decadron that they were out of yesterday and also to get Chris a new electric razor. The other one is quite old and was bought at a store that's been out of business for quite a while now!

Tomorrow we will take a field trip to the oncologist in the afternoon. The office is across the street from Monmouth Park so once he starts chemo I can go visit some friends if it looks like his sessions will last for a while. I hope they have wireless where he goes because then he can use the itouch for things other than listening to my music (although he likes most of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment