Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting closer

We're putting everything together and hopefully things should be sorted and ready for Chris later today. I'm not sure why he told someone he wanted a commode when he really wants a shower chair... but maybe it can be used for that since it's essentially a raised seat that towers over a toilet seat.

I got a hold of his insurance case manager this morning to see if I can get them to approve two concentrators. They normally say one per house because they can accommodate up to 100 feet of tubing but the longer the tube the more potential loss along the way. To me it's also a bit of a safety hazard and a risk in general because the cats will almost certainly be interested in playing with it, as they are with anything new. I hope they won't freak over the noise the concentrator makes, it took them a week before they were used to the nebulizer and that was only after they saw that I didn't react to it.

I just got off the phone with the rep and they will be delivering two 10 liter units to the house. They said since he's currently on 5 liters they want to make sure if he has any episodes he will be able to increase it a bit. The second unit was approved for two months, which is what I had asked them for as it will allow us time to figure out what we will need to do and to plan. It will also give me enough room to shop around and see what makes the most sense.

There will also be a special "case manager" that Chris is eligible for from the insurance company who will work with the VNA (visiting nurse association) going forward to make sure that if there's anything he needs that he gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment