Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A few more things ....

Like the company who was supposed to bring the walker that claims they missed us but clearly were not here... and then we need the two concentrators to be delivered and then lastly and most importantly we need to get him up the stairs. Chris had three very special visitors when we showed up at 6, some people who I had been unable to reach out to directly over the past few weeks to talk to, but yet had gotten the right information. He also had a few other visitors over the past few days (sometime he'll remember to tell me exactly who was there) every one of you have really helped boost his mood.

He was very calm when we were there, not in a tired way, but a "I know what I have to do". Yesterday he was insistent on a break of some duration, today when I told him the oncologists office called to see HIM he was like "okay". A few days of high protein shakes and some good food and he'll be ready to walk into her office. He is her last appointment and they are prepared to not only spend the time talking to him to make sure he understands but to also get him ready for the next steps. I have not heard yet if he talked to the psychologist that they said he would be meeting with, or maybe he just had a non religious epiphany of sorts, but I hope he's now ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment