Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday afternoon

Double Cheeseburger and part of a chocolate shake are better than nothing.... tomorrow they will discover that Chris is eating very little when they start doing a calorie count on him. I don't think they realize it because he probably eats a bit when they are there and then they leave and don't notice later that the plate still has the same amount of food on it.

Otherwise no changes and no word yet on when he will move. Still thankful he has not exhibited any side effects from the chemo but he still has the chest congestion/fluids that continue to bother him. I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done about that since it's something that all lung cancer patients experience at one time or another. All we can do is hope that the chemo will shrink the main "spot" (yes apparently one doctor defined a 6mm tumor as that) enough to reduce the fluid buildup. I think I mentioned that already.

I also changed his phone settings again so that the phone will vibrate and ring. I also changed our phone plan so we now have texting, something I'm trying to encourage Chris to do because it's very hard to hear him. If you do text him and don't get a response it's because he did not check his phone to see if he has messages. Hopefully a few more days and he'll feel comfortable with it.

3 comments:

  1. Well perhaps junk food is better than no food at all, remind him that he needs to bulk up so that he can handle the chemo time when he loses his appetite. We think about you both all the time, when we are not chasing Charlie around the house, it is like having a toddler again!
    Take care.. trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey,

    Terry Rimmer and I were in to see Chris last evening around 7pm, brought him bacon cheeseburger, french fries and a large soda! He was sound asleep and you must have stepped out. The nurse allowed to put the goodies in the fridge with Chris' name on it with a note.
    Sorry we missed you, please give Chris my best and take good care. We hope to stop by over the weekend, but will check in prior to doing so. Prayers, Patty M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patty,

    I was gone by then, if he starts dozing off I generally leave. It's only on the weekends that I stay longer. I hope to find out today when they will move him, but since they have not said anything yet it might not be until the beginning of next week. Feel free to visit him anytime, I'm sorry he missed your visit but I will tell him when I see him later.

    ReplyDelete