Thursday, April 22, 2010

The revised title says it all

Game on! Let's go kill some cancer cells. If all goes well then he'll be on a three week cycle. I need to talk to his doctor's tomorrow to see what the plans are for next week, but it sounds like they will look to move him at the beginning of the week. Given that nobody has talked to me yet about discharge plans I'm not sure exactly when he will go, but he mentioned going back to the same facility. That's all well and good but what good is rehab if all you are going to do is lie around? He said to me that the reason he did not rehab well the last time is because of the radiation and I said what do you think will be different this time? The side effects of Alimta are fatigue, but he says he knows that he is going to have to do something. I might see if it would be possible to get a nurse in here instead, if it's cheaper for the insurance company then they might be agreeable to it.

So, that being said I am going to kick back, relax and get ready for tomorrow. I will go down to the hospital early and bring my laptop and try to do some work while I hang out with Chris. It will be a long day, but hopefully get him on the right track and move towards alleviating some of his anxiety and fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment