Thursday, April 15, 2010

No news yet for Thursday

Mom and I paid a quick visit to him last night where he did respond when spoken to. Given the amount of sedative he's on, it's easier to talk to him for a minute, squeeze his hand and let him go back to sleep. They have him on versed (SP?) because there is a nationwide shortage of propaphol, and I have no clue what that means in terms of what one does versus the other. When he said he was in pain yesterday they gave him some morphine so I guess it's everything to keep him quiet and sleeping while the lungs heal. We'll find out today about a feeding tube, something that they will need to do if they are unable to remove the ventilator.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy,
    I'm sorry to hear about Chris's setback. Is he back in Monmouth? I have to thank you for writing this blog, because it keeps us all informed. Please let us know if he is up for a visit or not? Send him our love ok?
    Terri R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chris and Stacy,

    You are both in my thoughts and prayers, while hoping for the best. Thanks for this means of communication. Love to you both,

    Patty Metz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty and Terry, he's on a ventilator, in ICU and heavily sedated so probably best to wait a few days to see how he is.

    Mom, my aunt and I are headed down to the hook and then I think we'll try the trattoria or chilangos for dinner. I'm not sure what boat you are on so you'll probably see this after we're gone.

    ReplyDelete