Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday Day 27

I think it might be more beneficial to get Chris home at the end of the week rather than leaving him over at the rehab place. He can get PT from the VNA and will also have a nurse come by to see him. I will meet with the staff at the facility today (something they should have done before now) to set up a plan with milestones. If he has not accomplished anything while he's in there he will be better off and more relaxed at home provided we can get him the type of therapy he needs. They really should have set up this meeting on Monday or at the latest yesterday. I should not have had to escalate it to the corporate office, but everyone who knows me knows that I escalate everything when necessary in order to get what I want. If Chris does not get through PT and more mobile they will NOT start him on chemo.

Dr. Sim met with Chris yesterday and told him that they felt he had been tolerating the radiation well. They also asked Chris for a list of his medications but when I asked the nurse for it, she told me that Chris would have given them a piece of paper with the request on it but when I asked him about it he said they did not give him a piece of paper. Naturally that means it did not get done but I just talked to his nurse and she will get it from the center.

It's very confusing in terms of which doctor he's under the care of because he's not a current patient of his oncologist because he's undergoing radiation and he won't be under the care of the radiology oncologist after he's finished with radiation on Monday. He will be under the oncologist's care once he goes back to see her, but I don't know when that will be yet. His new primary doctor he's only seen once so she cannot possibly know enough about him to be really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment