Friday, March 26, 2010

Long, long day (but not all bad)

The phone rang at 4:45 so that's when my day started. Now, at 7:45 it's winding down and I can relax until I have to go see him at his new place at 7 where they need to draw blood and check his IMR levels again before he can be given more coumadin. I suspect it's going to take a bit of time to get that number where they want it. The facility does not have any people on staff to draw blood so they have an outside company come in early in the morning. He should be okay during the week because the psychiatrist will meet him down in radiology so if they need it she will be there. She's the perfect person to fill in for me and he trusts her.

Naturally, after calling me in a panic and asking me to come down as soon as I can he was sound asleep when I arrived. It took until 2 this afternoon to get the authorization to transport him and then we had to wait until 5:30 before they were able to pick him up so it was after 6:15 before he was there and settled in. He seems very pleased with the place and made the decision that he will not stare at the pulse oximeter but he still wants one around to check his levels. I'll go get him one tomorrow that he can put on his finger when he feels like he has to check his oxygen levels. He's successfully transitioned from 6 liters of oxygen down to 5 and wants to go to 4. He asked when breakfast was going to be and told the nurse that one of the things he has to do this week is to put on weight.

That being said, I'm off to check email and relax. Nice ending to the day! Chris is in good spirits and is starting to take control back which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment