Thursday, March 25, 2010

Waiting on the Duc's throne to arrive.....

Then I'll go back down to the hospital where he is eagerly awaiting (not) his B12 shot. B12 and Folic Acid are required when Alimta is given as part of the chemo. The B12 shot is good for a month so no reason to wait when it can be ordered while he is there. The Folic Acid can start when we get closer to the treatment. Everyone showed up at one time this morning so I need to speak to the nutritionist about his coumadin and what he can/can't have and then the case manager about his moving to rehab when I go back down there. As far as I know it will happen after 12:30 tomorrow which is when the psychiatrist has arranged to borrow the machine that can be used to get his blood level instead of them doing a blood draw. They will also arrange to come down to radiology next week when he's in for his treatment if there's a need to keep checking his levels.

We'll need to work real hard on getting Chris moving up and about as soon as we can. He does have limited lung capacity right now so the key is to find the perfect level to allow him to gain strength but not too much that he gets too tired. I'll also stop somewhere on the way to the hospital and bring him something to eat. One of our friends was going up to see him when I left so hopefully that also lifted his spirits. Once he's down the street he should have visitors every day and I can go see him on my way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment