Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Midday Tuesday

So far so good today, he called me from the van on his way back. They were an hour late picking him up, probably as a result of the weather. He had a good night and told me he was ready to do physical therapy when he got back and would also eat. I got some milk so I'll make one of those double chocolate shakes when I get home to bring over to him.

I reached out to the VNA this morning as I need to get the process of getting him out of there going. I am annoyed that his social worker has not returned my call and has not spoken to either of us since he got there. If they are supposed to be his advocate they are failing miserably so the sooner I can involve the VNA, the better. They can also continue physical therapy with him and lots of other services that the insurance company will cover. It seems that outside of insurance in NJ other services are provided so we might be able to get visits every day during the week for up to four hours. I told Chris when he called me to ask to see Doreen since she's their representative who visits the facility every day.

I've also left a message for the director of clinical trials here to see if he has any information on some phase 3 trials that might be underway that Chris would qualify for. This is not for now, but would be something I would consider asking him to do if the initial treatments do not have the results we expect. At the very least he will have some contact information for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment