Sunday, May 23, 2010

We've all gone home

It was a very emotional time for us all, and on Thursday after all had been said and done it really hit us. I don't know if it would have been any better if the funeral had been on Tuesday instead of Wednesday, but at one point it became clear that we are not going to be able to attend another gathering in a church anytime soon so we will instead opt to celebrate Chris's life with a party at Off The Hook.

I encourage anyone who cannot attend but wishes to pass along words of remembrance to please fill out the online book that's attached to his obituary. We will then print those out and attach them to the memorial book that we had at the church.

While I wait to confirm the details, it's important that everyone know that there will be the worldwide toast to him so if you don't come down until later in the day that is fine. We will try to make arrangements to transport anyone from either the ferry or the bus so please let me know your preferred method of travel. For cars, if it's a nice day you may be sitting in a fair amount of travel so if you want to come down early we can arrange to have a gathering for breakfast at my house.

In the interim, below is the poem I wrote for both Mother and Chris. This is separate for the one I did for him. Somehow when I had finished the one poem I felt something was missing so I wrote another one morning.

I Never thought there'd come a day
where we'd be drawn in such a way
to grieve at once for a devastating loss
of two most amazing people
and all that I can think to say
is thank you both for enriching my life
I love you both so much and now that it's been said
I'll raise a glass and toast to you both with one simple word L'Chaim
which means to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment