Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Afternoon update

Mike is on his way home and Geoff should be arriving at JFK anytime now for his flight back to Vancouver.

I am working on when there will be a "gathering" and celebration, it is tentatively set for May 22nd at 11 AM at one place, followed by a trip up the street to one of our local bar/restaurants where we will celebrate his life. If you are unable to make it because you are in another country, or continent we will try to coordinate a time where we will all raise our glasses and toast to Chris.

I want everyone to know that I will be fine. I have spent every day since the end of February running around and making sure Chris had what he needed. I always took some time for me, but now the difference is I don't have to look at a clock and go "I have to leave in xxx minutes". I have invited people to visit tomorrow afternoon/evening and the door is open through the weekend for anyone who wants to come by. I'm quite tired as you can all imagine and will hang out for a bit and then head to bed where I am sure that I will be able to sleep until about 5:00 which is when I usually wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment