Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some more sad news

We lost my mother in law this morning. I do not want to speak for the family on this event, but there are a few things I would like to say.

His mother has had a heart condition for many, many years and despite the doctors urging her to undergo a bypass she refused and instead decided she would live as long as she could without that intervention. She was given the option of a pacemaker last year and decided that was viable and sometime between Chris's last visit and Geoff and family arriving, she had one put in. I think all who saw her the past eight months would say she was a lot better and was really able to enjoy the rest of her life.

We will be postponing Chris's remembrance/celebration for now. Once we have the details firmed up we will post them here. You can also click on my name on the post to send me an email. Since this blog is spidered by google I don't want to advertise any specifics, but that name should give you the address to use.

The one word that came to mind this morning when I heard the news was speechless. I do not know what else to say about what's happened, but the family will all be together and that's something that both Chris and his mother would say is so very important.

A big hug to everyone, I will post another quick update when I know the details of the funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment